Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

....My new quilted iPad Mini cover

My first creative task of the year was to make a cover for my new baby.... No, not Ava, my new 
iPad mini!!
I searched Pinterest for some DIYs, but of course there wasn't really much in the way of tutorials for minis yet as they're relatively new. What I did happen to fins, though, was this awesome tutorial from The Sometimes Crafter for a kindle that was simply ideal!!



Here's what I managed-

The fabrics I selected were charm squares from Moda that I've been stocking up for a long time for projects just like this one. I used a quarter (2.5"squared) of each.


As the pattern states, I laid them all out 7x5 and tried to assemble them in a way that wouldn't have any colours clashing or repeated too many times in one area-this falls to pieces later in the project though!


After sewing all of the rows of 5 together, I assembled the rest





Here is the assembled piece before quilting-how pretty!!



I decided to quilt it just with some fleecy trackie material, and a bit different to the referenced pattern, I chose to use a diamond pattern when quilting.
Here is the finished product, the perfect size after using the Kindle Pattern.  The only embellishment I added was a yellow button on the flap-completely decorative and non functioning.





A perfect new comfy home for my little baby!!

No comments:

 photo commentssean_zps60bb10da.jpg

Blogging tips